CMF MediaWiki Bridge No Style is showen

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Feedback' started by Satis, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Satis

Satis New Member

This is on:
    XenForo v1.5.5
    Mediawiki v1.26.2

I got rid of the warnings as described in this topic:
    https://yoskaldyr.eu/threads/warnin...define-its-position-explicitly-skins-xenf.54/

Now when I load the page, it looks like this:
    WikiNoStyle.PNG

Apparently there is no style added to the wiki page at all except for the header and footer of xenforo

we are using our own style as parent of the "core" style where we have just added an logo to it.

Is there something I'm missing here ?

Kind regards
    Satis

2. Satis

Satis New Member

I have been digging a bit and found this in the "SkinXenForo.php" at line 31:
    PHP:
            $styles = array(

//'mediawiki.skinning.interface',

'skins.xenforo.styles',

//'skins.vector.styles',

);
    If I comment out the 'skins.xenforo.styles' and uncomment the 'skins.vector.styles', it will show the vector style on the page, so there is something that makes the xenforo style not to load from there.
    What's the different between the vector and xenforo style ?

I'll continue digging.

If you know what wrong or have an idea, please tell ;)

3. Yoskaldyr

Yoskaldyr Administrator Staff Member

@Satis, Have you fixed skin and code as explained here?
    And do you test on domain specified in the lisence?

4. Satis

Satis New Member

@Yoskaldyr, yeah I have gotten rid of those warnings, by adding the:
    Code:
    "position": "top",
    and yes I'm using it on that domain as I bought it with. ( It's the domain name it using right and not the domain name + the path to the forum? )

For the section below here, I did as mentioned in my earlier post, by switching over to use the vector skin instead, to actually test this other stuff out.
    Now for the JS part, I created an patch.js file and added it to the "skin.jason > skins.xenforo.js > scripts" list.
    At first I would not load, since the the "SkinXenForo" class didn't load the "skins.xenforo.js" section inside the "initPage" function.
    I had an look at the Vector skin to copy out an section to get it to load those js files from the "skins.xenforo.js" list.
    Now the /*Popup close fix*/ was working and the navigation bar from XenForo closed again.
    For the second part /*Tab fix*/ to manage the option tabs inside the preference on the wiki didn't work. They are still not showing as taps and haven't found a way to fix this yet.
    I also noticed another think, while I was at it, which is that if you select one of the other tab links, it switched to that tab, but the submit button disappears when doing so and I can't save the options. If I reload the page, the submit button appears again, but only until I select another tab again.

5. Yoskaldyr

Only domain is checked.

@Satis, You can not use Vector skin as the base for new XenForo skin without fixing php code.
    So more correct way to fix mediawiki's XenForo skin for working with new media wiki.

6. Satis

Satis New Member

Well as of right now, I'm using the vector skin, with altered php files to get it to work, since I can't get the XenForo skin to work at all.
    It just shows as the image is showing in the first post.
    I can't figure out where the problem is, which is why I altered it to work with Vector Skin.

I'm fine with it as it is right now, since it's working and I'm able to use it + we are very close to launching the site and I had to make an workaround for it, in case this could take some extra time that I don't have right now.

7. Yoskaldyr

@Satis, I can look in detail into the code of new media wiki only at the weekends. And I will write here how to fix it if it is possible.

8. Satis

Satis New Member

yeah no worrys. I have the latest MediaWiki and XenForo, so that should be fine, if you can recreate it :)

9. Yoskaldyr

@Satis You can try a new version of the add-on for MediaWiki 1.26.
    This new version does not work with previous mediawiki versions.

10. Satis

Satis New Member

Sure.
    I'll test it some time this week or maybe today.

11. Satis

Satis New Member

@Yoskaldyr After updating, I can now see the page normally again without having to edit anything and the Preferences are now showing normally again as well.

well by normal I mean that the page is now showing with the XenForo style only.
    I will still have to edit the css a bit so it looks like how I want it to look like, since the bullet list and number lists don't show the bullet or number, but that I had to do on the old one as well + some more.

Thanks for the update.

12. Yoskaldyr

@Satis I think I will fix this issue. Main problem that I can use not full MediaWiki css, because it breaks XenForo styling. So such bugs like that one can appear.

13. Satis

Satis New Member

Well you can still make full MediaWiki css, it just have to be prefixed to be inside the xfMediaWiki class, so it wont effect anything outside that div.

I have already fixed it on my end by editing 2 of the files, so if you are interested in them, I'll send them to you :)

14. Yoskaldyr

I will try to do that in the next version if it possible.

15. Satis

Satis New Member

yeah no problem.
    Did you want me to send you the common.less file that I have edited?
    I looked over it and it was actually only one file I changed to fix the problems I had.

16. Yoskaldyr

@Satis you can attach zip-archive with changed files here

17. Satis

Satis New Member

I know :) I was just asking if you were interested in it ;)
    I have attached the edited common.less file.

Attached Files: